VISA APPLICATION TO MALAYSIA
Please submit the followings:
- Original Malaysian Visa application form (application form available at the High Commission or at http://www.imi.gov.my)
- Original Passport or Travel Document (The documents shall be valid for more than six (6) months from the date of entry into Malaysia)
- A copy of flight itinerary
- One (1) recent passport size photograph
- Prepaid Courier Bag or Registered Post for the return of the documents. We STRONGLY encourage that applicants submit application in person at The High Commission. (please refer to Note below)
- A visa fee of NZD$ to be paid by BANK CHEQUE to The High Commission of Malaysia. PERSONAL CHEQUES and CASH will not be accepted
- Letter from the Employer or Educational Institution confirming you are employed or studying
- Letter from your sponsor in Malaysia (If no sponsor, please provide a copy of recent Bank Statement)
- Hotel confirmation required if going for holiday purposes.
N O T E:
- Please abide with the above instructions when submitting the application. An incomplete application will not be processed and will be returned.
- Complete application will be processed within 24 hours of working days.
- Visas referred to Malaysia may takes (3) months for approval.
- IMPORTANT: High Commission of Malaysia will not accept any responsibilities for documents lost during to and from High Commission via post or any courier company.
A YELLOW FEVER vaccination certificate is required from travelers over one year of age arriving into Malaysia within 6 days from yellow fever endemic areas: http://www.dph.gov.my/cdc/
Note FOR TOURIST: The Immigration at the point of entry may require proof to support your stay at US$50.00 per day. Evidence can be in cash, travellers cheque or a recognized credit card with sufficient credit.
If you have any further questions, please contact Consular Section at :
HIGH COMMISSION OF MALAYSIA
10, WASHINGTON AVENUE, BROOKLYN
Tel.: 04-385 2439 / 04-801 5659
VISA FEES & REQUIREMENTS
HIGH COMMISSION OF MALAYSIA - WELLINGTON
COUNTRY FEES VISA REQUIRED VISA FREE
ARGENTINA NZ$11.00 3 MONTHS
BANGLADESH NZ$13.00 30 DAYS
BHUTAN NZ$13.00 30 DAYS
BOLIVIA NZ$6.00 1 MONTH
BRAZIL NZ$10.00 3 MONTHS
BULGARIA NZ$12.00 1 MONTH
CHILE NZ$13.00 1 MONTH
CHINA – PEOPLE'S NZ$16.00 30 DAYS – SOCIAL VISIT
COSTA RICA NZ$6.00 1 MONTH
INDIA NZ$25.00 SINGLE ENTRY – 30 DAYS
INDONESIA NZ$ 8.00 1 MONTH
ISRAEL NZ$6.00 with approval
ITALY NZ$7.00 3 MONTHS
KOREA – NORTH NZ$10.00 14 DAYS – SOCIAL VISIT
30 DAYS – BUSINESS
KOREA – SOUTH NZ$16.00 3 MONTHS
LIBERIA NZ$7.00 1 MONTH
MEXICO NZ$10.00 1 MONTH
MYANMAR NZ$16.00 30 DAYS
NEPAL NZ$16.00 30 DAYS
NIGERIA NZ$10.00 30 DAYS
PAKISTAN NZ$17.00 30 DAYS
PANAMA NZ$8.00 1 MONTH
PERU NZ$11.00 1 MONTH
PHILLIPINES NZ$19.00 1 MONTH
SRI LANKA NZ$10.00 30 DAYS
SUDAN NZ$7.00 1 MONTH
TAIWAN R.O.C NZ$10.00 60 DAYS
USA NZ$4.00 3 MONTHS
URUGUAY NZ$8.00 3 MONTHS
VIETNAM NZ$10.00 14 DAYS – SOCIAL VISIT
30 DAYS – BUSINESS
VENEZUELA NZ$10.00 3 MONTHS
OTHER COUNTRIES NZ$10.00
AFGANISTAN, ISRAEL, SERBIA AND MONTENEGROPASSPORT HOLDERS CANNOT ENTER MALAYSIA WITHOUT APPROVAL FROM THE AUTHORITY IN MALAYSIA
N O T E: Holder of travel document other than National Passport such as Certificate of Identity MUST apply Visa to enter Malaysia.
|On Arrival||Extension||On Arrival||Extension||On Arrival||Extension|
| New Zealand||3 mths||2 mths||-||-||-||-|
| || || |
- Visa Without Reference (Visa is issued by Malaysian mission in the respective country)
- Visa With Reference (Visa is approved by the Immigration Department)
| || |
|* (Visa On Arrival) - Pelawat & pekerja warganegara Nepal yang diluluskan untuk bekerja memasuki negara ini dengan menggunakan Royal Nepal Airlines sahaja.|
| || |
All Visitors MUST ENTER Malaysia through Airports only.
Visitors MUST obtain Visa Without Reference or Visa With Reference at the nearest Malaysian Embassies / Consulates before entering Malaysia.
Exemption of visa is given to nationals of African countries as listed in Para 3.1 above, who visits Malaysia under the sponsorship of the Government or as a guest of the Government. The period of stay approved will be based on the period required to achieve the purpose of the visit as a government sponsored visitor or guest. Proof of sponsorship or invitation as a guest of the Government should be produced to the Immigration Officer at the point of entry.
i- Conditions for Visa Without Reference (VWTR):
Posses confirm air ticket back to country of origin or current residing country or posses visa and confirm air ticket to country of onward destination.
Visitors will be given a maximum 14 days stay with no extension allowed or much shorter period of stay for those who are on transit before continuing their onward journey.
| || || |
ii- Conditions for Visa With Reference (VWR):
This visa is issued for those traveling on business or investment only.
Trip MUST be sponsored by a local high level individual or a local business company which invites them to Malaysia (the sponsoring company need to be well established and is required to submit copies of Form 9, 24 and 49 to the Immigration Department of Malaysia).
The sponsor MUST deposit RM 2000.00 per person to the Immigration Department of Malaysia as a security deposit.
Visitors will be given a maximum 30 days of stay with no extension allowed.
Extension of Social/Business pass is not allowed unless approved by the Director General or Deputy Director General of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.